London Mithraeum, 12 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AA
The London Mithraeum was discovered during construction of Bucklersbury House in September 1954 and it was subsequently it was excavated by W. F. Grimes.
The temple to Mithras built in the mid-3rd century AD, but was rededicated, probably to Bacchus, in the early 4th century.
After excavation, the remains of the building were dismantled and were assembled in Temple Court, Queen Victoria Street in 1962.
After the purchase of the Walbrook Square project by the Bloomberg company in 2010, it was decided to relocate the remains on the original site. The reconstructed site is seven metres below street level and shows first building phase of c. AD 240.